Now you have a 2ndNumber to set up a business or separate Telegram account, you can begin to take advantage of the Chatbot system that Telegram offers. Normally, you'd have to be a developer to get it to work, but we've created a system that gets you up and running in 5 minutes.
You would use a chatbot to interact with visitors to your webpage, so that it can answer the most common questions that each visitor may have.
Here's how to get going with our chatbot:
- Log in to your 2ndNumber dashboard from a computer (a mobile phone is not suitable as the screen is too small) and click the little Robot icon on the left hand side.
- Click the Set Bot Token button and follow the onscreen instructions on how to create a Telegram bot. It takes literally 2 minutes.
- Once done, you can now set a welcome message to visitors. This is the first message shown to your visitors, and it also has to include a keyword. The visitor will need to type the keyword to get started with the chatbot. Click the Set Welcome Message button and type, for example:
Welcome to Acme Widgets! Type: Go to get started
- Now you can begin dragging boxes onto the workspace area. The first text box should be a "Text Out" box containing the keyword in step 3. In this case, simply the word: Go.
- To give you some inspiration, here's a very basic layout:
- When you're ready, tap the Export button to set your changes live.
- Now your bot is ready, you need to add the HTML to your website so that visitors can talk with your chatbot directly from your webpage. Do this by clicking the HTML Widget button and following the onscreen instructions to copy/paste the HTML code into your website. If you had a webdesigner build your website for you, then give this code to them and they will build it in.
Keep in mind, each time a user types the keyword (in our example: Go), it will consume 1 credit from your credit balance.